Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jimmy is awesome

I know I've said it before.... but I am so lucky I picked - and was picked by - such a wonderful man to be my husband.  He is so supportive, and caring, and so smart. 

This morning we decided to walk the mile or so up to town to have breakfast at the local diner.  I was thinking a nice veggie omelette sounded delish.  We walked up, ate our breakfast (I totally ate too much), walked across the street to the store to get supplies for tonight's dinner, then walked (okay, waddled) home.  The waddle was in full force (and still is) today - probably due to a night out dancing Friday night and yesterday's activities (a ton of cleaning, hours of weeding, a 2 mile walk).

I was having some fairly decent contractions as we were getting closer to home.  Nothing I couldn't walk / talk through, but ones I could feel all over my belly, and quite frankly in my crotch.  Haha.

Jimmy stated to me "well, you've been walking for a while, so when we get home you should change your activity level and see if they continue".  What a smart man.  This is directly from our childbirth classes.  He was listening!!! (not that I had any doubt). 

He is going to be the BEST labor coach - I just know it.  He knows me so well, and will be able to help me stay focused.  He even had us go over all the different labor positions / pain coping techniques and make sure they were written in our book all together last weekend - so that we knew we could find them easily and could remember what they all mean.  Amazing.

I love this man, and it truly makes me get a little choked up when I think about how amazing and necessary his support is for me.... and how much he is ready to be a dad - and one of the best dads ever.

I love you Jimmy!  Can't believe we're coming up on 8 years together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment