Saturday, August 28, 2010

"The list"

So about a week ago (or so.... I can't remember exactly when), I made a list of things I wanted / "needed" to get done before Colby got here.  I had been thinking of things to do - cleaning, prep, etc. - and often would forget some.... so I made a list.  I kept adding to the list as I thought of more.... but I'm excited to say that most of the list is complete.

I am pretty positive that my son is being a stinker and waiting until the list is completely checked off.  I have told him numerous times that it is okay if he comes before EVERYTHING is done (since most of it doesn't NEED to be done.... they were just things I wanted to get done).... but I think it's a mean game he's playing with me.  So I will continue to work on the few things left on the list.... and when it is complete, you KNOW I'll be expecting Colby to make his appearance! :-)

The list:
  • Do laundry (I had 3 loads to do that day) - complete
  • Put check in bank for car payment - complete
  • Go to post office - complete
  • All garbages taken out - this has been done twice
  • Dust skylights - complete
  • Dust doorframes / picture frames - complete
  • Dust baseboards - complete
  • Sweep / swiffer all hard floors - complete
  • Pick up house - complete
  • Organize pantry - complete
  • Make room in kitchen for baby stuff - complete
  • Clean downstairs bathroom - complete
  • Clean upstairs bathroom - complete
  • Clean master bathroom - complete
  • Clean kitchen - complete (and ongoing)
  • Dishwasher emptied - this has been done each time it's been full
  • Finish thank-yous (over 40 - hand made) - COMPLETE!
  • Pack hospital bags - complete
  • Hospital bags in car - complete
  • Pick up baby room - complete
  • Carseat installed - complete
  • Clean fronts of kitchen cabinets - complete
  • Guest room picked up and ready for guests - complete
  • Car interior detailed - complete - thank you Jimmy!
  • Car washed - complete (I cheated and took it through the car wash today)
  • Completely clean out fridge - completed today - literally took EVERYTHING out, scrubbing down each shelf, drawer, etc.
  • Catch up on filing (bills, etc.)
  • Vacuum all carpets - I have vacuumed the rugs downstairs, but need to fix the vacuum to do the carpets upstairs.... this is a task I'm hoping to do this afternoon!
  • Mop hard floors - ugh.... don't want to do this.... but will - hopefully today
  • Post items on Craigslist - I posted some last week, and sold one thing (woo-hoo!), but have a couple more things to post
  • Weed backyard - this has been added recently.  I didn't realize HOW BAD our yard had gotten.  It's really bad.  Jimmy and I will be working on this one tomorrow.  I pulled out all of the veggies that are done, etc., yesterday, and started weeding, but holy moly!
  • Mow lawn - this is a funny one 'cause the grass really hasn't grown.... but the dandilions have! :-)
I think that's the whole list.  It was long, but now there are really only about 4 things left to complete.  Not too shabby.  Unfortunately there's a reason they've been left for last.... but oh well!

Better get off my rump and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment