Friday, August 13, 2010

35 week doc appt. / NST / Fluids

Had my weekly NST / fluid check / 35 week DA yesterday - and Jimmy came with this time! Started with my NST. As usual, our son was being a stinker, and just relaxing away - not moving around and getting the spikes they want to see. So I chugged ice water, we poked and prodded, and used the "baby tazer" to try to get him going. Finally did about 1/2 hour in.... and got what they needed. Also picked up pretty consistent contractions - lasting about a minute each, every 6 minutes or so. This was my first NST in the afternoon (they've all been in the mornings), and I think up 'til this point they didn't really believe me that I was having them so much. Now they do. They're still pretty sure they're just BH / practice ones since I can talk through them and they're not painful.... but they still gave me the lecture about calling if I get them a bunch and they don't go away, being very clued in to his movement, etc. Got it. Except last time I called in to tell them about BH they said they didn't care. But whatever! :-)




My BP at the NST was 132 / 86. Definitely high for me. Nurse there didn't seem concerned (I blamed it on DH being there and insisting upon playing with all the gadgets, etc. hehe). My doc's nurse at my appointment seemed a little concerned and said we'd definitely keep an eye on it. I've also noticed in the last few days I'm starting to swell *a little*. I usually have disgustingly skinny feet and hands - and my feet look like "normal people" feet... and my rings are definitely getting tighter on my hands. Nothing alarming... just strange 'cause they don't look like my extremeties as much any more! :-)



Fluid check went well. My AFI was 13 which is down 4 from last week, but still within the normal range (normal for 35 weeks is 8-18, so they're happy with it, but it's definitely not at the high end like it was a few weeks ago) I got the u/s tech I got last time - and she's awesome. She hangs out and gives you peeks at the baby more than the others who just get the numbers and are done. This was cool 'cause it had been since 18ish weeks that Jimmy had seen our guy on the u/s.... so tons of fun for him (even though it's an old u/s machine so it's not THAT great of quality). Colby got the hiccups as soon as I layed down for the u/s, so we actually got to see those - see his little body jump. Saw lots of kicking / punching / head turning / opening and closing of his mouth. Never gets old seeing him!



DA went well. I had two after-breakfast sugars that went above what they're supposed to, and so I talked to Dr. B about how I think it's getting harder to control it in the morning. He, of course, asked what I was eating for breakfast, and I knew he wasn't going to approve. Cereal or peanutbutter toast. He said both are bad options (didn't scold me, just laughed 'cause he knew I knew what he was going to say), and recommended changing that. I agree.... kinda.... except that they have been just fine 'til this point... but I know things change! Weight was down a pound since a week and a half ago - so back to up *maybe* 2lbs total. Haha. BP at the DA was 120/82 - so better.



We asked questions about the induction process. Still pretty sure we're set for the 10th which means I'd go in the night of the 9th for prepping of the cervix, and they'd start the pitocin the morning of the 10th. No one who knows me (in-laws, my parents, etc.) actually expect me to get that far.... but we'll see! Doc says we'll talk more after my growth u/s on the 23rd, and as we watch the NST's / fluid checks, etc.



He said next week I'll do my StrepB test, and he'll start checking my cervix, etc. Appreciate the warning. I'm interested to see what's going on down there - something HAS to be with all the jabs / stabs / shooting pain / aches / and pressure from his massive melon!!!



Pretty surreal to think that 4 weeks from today, at the latest, we'll be meeting our baby boy. I think I'm ready.... but.... :-)



Oh, and one last thing (amazing if you made it this far!) - Jimmy had been working 54 miles away (which included a drive through downtown Seattle, so averaged about 1.5 hours or so to get home on a good day). Well he found out Wednesday he'll be working at a jobsite that's 20 miles away from our house from Tuesday (when he gets back from our long weekend) through when Colby gets here. Yay! I much prefer having him 25 minutes away in case I go into labor, not 2 hours!!!! He's excited about the shorter commute, too!



Okay..... long as always - but it was really an update about 3 appointments! Take care - we've got a busy weekend this weekend - shopping for the final baby stuff tax-free today, baby shower for a friend tonight, spa and birthday party tomorrow - then we're headed to the beach for our mini-babymoon sunday / monday.... so I'll probaby check in with you guys on Tuesday! :-)



Oh. And the interview went interestingly. Don't think I'll get a job offer - but it went well and I gave it my all! We'll see - I could be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment