Monday, August 2, 2010

34ish week doc appt.

Had an appointment today. Pretty standard! But.... finally gained a little weight!!! 3lbs since the last appointment - so 3lbs in 2 weeks. (and up to 3lbs total weight gain.... hopefully I don't just balloon these last few weeks!!!) BP was 118/72... standard.


He measured my belly - but didn't tell me the number, though I asked if I was measuring big, or normal, or? And he said "big.... but we already knew that!" :-) I swear that I was measuring 40cm (I tried to peek)..... but that would be a bit big (you're expected to be the # of centimeters that you are in weeks)... oh well!

Still happy with my blood sugar numbers, and heartbeat sounded good (he had a little dip while we were listening, but doc said that was normal and that otherwise it sounded nice and strong).

My next growth ultrasound will be 36-37 weeks, and we'll schedule that this afternoon so Jimmy can make sure to come. Still doing weekly NST's (I have one tomorrow) - and I see doc next Thursday again (week and a half), then I think I'm up to the once a week appointments.

Oh.... tentatively I'll be induced on the 10th of September. My due date is the 15th, but he wants to induce early due to size, etc., and he's on call that day, so I'm guessing that's why he picked it. It depends on the next growth scan, though!  So sorry dad.... I know you were rooting for the 9th.  We'll see! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why I thought you were a couple of weeks behind me....I am due the 7th...so really only originally a week! My Dr hasn't said anything about induction...but he is monitoring baby very closely with weekly/or biweekly ultrasounds and NSTs twice a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! NSTs twice a week!? Crazy! Yah..... gonna keep monitoring and we'll see if he changes his mind. I'm impatient and don't want to wait 'til 37 weeks for my next growth ultrasound... so I'm hoping I can talk his nurse into making it in week 36 instead! :-)

    ReplyDelete