Thursday, August 19, 2010

We have some progress!

I had my 36wk Doc appointment / NST / Fluid check this afternoon. NST went well, caught a couple contractions (I swear there were more that the machine didn't catch.... but oh well!). AFI was 15 - nurse was fine with that.


The ultrasound tech that did my fluid check said "holy head way down there" when he first started the u/s :-). Haha. I told him I appreciated his enthusiasm, because I was beginning to think I was crazy - but was SURE he was way down there!

DA went well. My BP is always higher at my NST's than at my DA's.... strange. At the NST it was 134/83 and 133/83.... at my DA it was 122/82 - same as it was last week. Down a pound from last week..... so that puts me at 1lb weight gain, if that. ridiculous.

Did the group b strep test. That is just not enjoyable! Will get the results next week at my doc appointment or something like that. Then doc figured he'd check me. I told him I was hoping Colby's massive melon of a head was creating some changes down there, 'cause it certainly was feeling like it lately. He laughed. As soon as he started checking, he had the same reaction as the u/s tech - saying he was DEFINITELY head down, and WAY jammed down there. Lots of rooting around, and he determined I'm 1cm dialated, 80% effaced, with a VERY soft cervix. He is very happy with all of this, as it really bodes well for my scheduled induction IF I get there (the big if was his emphasis, not mine!). I think he's questioning that Colby will stay in there another 3 weeks. We'll see!

He said we'll know more after my growth ultrasound on Monday... but that my belly / pushing around doesn't feel like Colby's "ungodly massive or huge" (yes, he said this multiple times - my doc is hilarious!).... so hopefully we will confirm that on Monday. Eek! Can't wait!

Oh... and sugars were just fine - no failures for the last week! Yay! I am SO OVER this stupid GD diet, and have broken the rules a little lately.... but only in ways I know I'll be okay.... on days I test..... yah..... bada$$ me... not even really breaking the rules! :-)

If you can't tell, I'm super excited that all these crotch cramps, BH's, and pressure are amounting to something - even though I know I could definitely be at 1cm and 80% for a month! :-P

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a great Appointment! They are not checking me (internals) until next week...just a few days before the induction is scheduled.

    I have been sucking really bad at this GD diet! I cheat ALL the time...but my numbers are still ok because of the meds. man...I suck! Oh well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just googled the group b strep test.. fun.... then i somehow ended up on the topic of poop, then pooping during birth, then tearing.... look what you've done!! hehe jk. but yeah pooping during birth.. awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh... pooping during birth is one of my MAJOR fears... I know it's normal, and it happens... but... NOOOOOOO.

    ReplyDelete