Thursday, April 29, 2010

Uneventful doc's appt

Well... I guess it was slightly eventful.  It was supposed to be at 10:30am, but I got a call at 8:30am asking if I could get bumped to 12:20pm and see a nurse instead of my doctor.  A little peeved about that because I saw a nurse last time, and they say they really don't want you to see a nurse two times in a row.... but.... Doc got called to an emergency surgery or something.

Also, I actually had questions to ask this time.... so I asked some of them, but would have preferred to not have to tell my medical history to the nurse while asking the questions, as Dr. B would've understood why I was asking them.  Oh well!

My blood pressure was 110/68... so just fine.  Weight was the same as two weeks ago when I went in for the fall, which is only up maybe 2lbs or something from my starting weight.  I asked about this and the nurse said that since I started with extra this wasn't alarming at all.  She says the body starts using the reserves for the baby, and that baby is basically a parasite and will get all the things he needs before anything goes to me - so she's not worried that he's not getting what he needs!

She measured my belly - that was the first time that was done.  She said I was measuring spot on.  Heard his heartbeat - 140s - 150ish - the norm.

Quickly went over the ultrasound results.  Quick is good in this situation, because it means everything checked out completely normal.  He was measuring 19 weeks, 3 days based off all the measurements, and I was 18 weeks, 5 days.... so a little ahead... but babies get growth spurts all the time, so we'll see!

The only slightly funky thing was that my right kidney seemed just a little enlarged.  She said this is normal during pregnancy, but also with my history of kidney stones that I should just keep gulping the water down.  Okay, okay.  I'll just live in the bathroom while this guy has his head on my bladder and I have to drink tons of water to keep the stones away!

My only frustration was that Dr. B had told me I'd need to do the 1 hour glucose test this time, but I wanted to wait 'til Monday (mondays are easier - no work), so I had called earlier in the week and the lady on the phone said that would be no problem, they could just order it to be done Monday.  So I mentioned that to the nurse on the phone this morning when she was re-scheduling my appointment (mentioned it twice actually), and she said she'd put a note in the file so that they knew to schedule it.  I mentioned it to the nurse at my appointment, and she said there was nothing in there, and acted like I was crazy.  She said she'd check after my appointment.  I reminded her again as we were walking out of the room (good thing since she was like "oooh, I had forgotten about that"), and then my nurse wasn't there, so she left her a note. 

I don't WANT to take the test early, but I know that with my history of PCOS the doc wants me to take it early as I have a higher risk of developing gestational diabetes.  So let me take the stinkin test!  Make me take it!  Maybe I should be paying myself since I know better than they do?!

Okay... vent over!

Yay that baby Eggo is doing well.  I think I'm feeling him move around way down low, but it's still too hard to tell.  Everyone keeps saying a few more weeks.... I'm sooooo patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment