Friday, April 16, 2010

Don't freak out over.....

.... bubbles that may spill on the floor.

Lesson for the day.

This morning I was playing with the little one I nanny for, and he wanted to play with bubbles again.  He knew where they were, and before I could get up, he was getting them down off the counter.  Of course, I was worried about the bubbles spilling on the floor, so I got up quickly and headed over to catch them. 

Unfortunately I didn't see the jeans on the floor, stepped on them, and soon found my self grasping for a chair, and then hitting the floor - SMACK - on my left hip / side with a flop onto my face / front.  Ouch.  I may have said a bad word (which I promptly told him not to repeat).

I got up, grabbed the bubbles (which hadn't even spilled throughout all of this), then sat down.  Instantly I started crying because my hip hurt and I was freaked out that I had hurt the baby.  I know the #1 rule during pregnancy is DON'T FALL.  I failed.

I called Jimmy, bawling, and then sat a little longer.  I decided this was probably something I am supposed to call the doctor about.  So I did.  They were happy I called, and asked me to come in this afternoon just to check and make sure all seemed okay.

So I took the little one with me to the doctor's office (nice that it was during nap time and he was passed out).  Doc told me to try not to do it again.... hmmm.... okay.  He felt my belly, then listened to the baby's heartbeat on the doppler (a strong 149 or so) for a bit.  He said from what he could tell and the fact I hadn't had any major cramping or anything else bad, baby was fine. 

There were a few good things that came out of the appointment.  My last regular check up was with the nurse, so I hadn't seen Dr. B for six weeks.  We discussed the upcoming ultrasound (things to expect, etc.), my upcoming gestational diabetes screening (in two weeks - boo), and such.  It was nice to check in, and he was happy the ultrasound was Monday so he can see all the measurements and so I can have some more reassurance that the baby is doing just fine and totally oblivious to my klutzy ways.

So... lesson learned.  Just let the bubbles spill on the floor - it's basically soap and water - it will wipe up.
Check.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that your little one is ok and that you didn't hurt yourself real bad. There must be something in the air, because I almost feel at work tripping over an umbrella that was on the ground...but I caught myself.

    ReplyDelete