Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mr. Eggo!

Yep, that's right, our baby Eggo is a BOY!!!!

We are thrilled!

The ultrasound yesterday went very well.  Our ultrasound tech was very nice, and told us all about what we were seeing, etc. (which is nice when sometimes it just looks like grey blobs!).

Baby Eggo definitely wanted us to be sure he was a boy.  At the beginning of the ultrasound, he was all curled up in a ball (I was thinking "oh no..... please listen to mommy"), but I think the sugar from the orange juice I chugged before kicked in, and he stretched out and started wiggling / kicking all over the place.  He showed off his stuff for us (I told Jimmy if we had been on "team green" I think I would've figured it out), then pointed to it to make sure we saw.

We got to spend around an hour watching our baby on the screen, and seeing all his little baby parts!  The tech figured he was weighing about 9 ounces.  He was measuring at least four days ahead (I laughed 'cause they moved my due date back in the beginning EXACTLY four days).  His head, however, was measuring 1-2 weeks ahead!!!!  Yikes!  Looks like I may have a Koopman family head (the heads on my mom's side of the family are a bit large).  ouch.

Jimmy surprised me by taking the rest of the day off.  We had lunch together (ran into friends at lunch!), and then headed to Babies R Us.  I didn't expect to start a registry THE SAME DAY we found out... but Jimmy was up for it and I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity!  We had already pre-looked at some stuff, so we got to look at more.... and picked out a bunch of stuff.  I know we'll keep adding to it.... but it's a solid start.  I'll do another post to show some of the stuff - can't wait to start working on the nursery!

If you're wondering about a name.... keep wondering for another 4.5 ish months!  We're keeping the name a secret.... so he'll be Mr. Eggo to everyone else!  (or baby, or baby boy, or baby Wells, or....)

Finally.... some pictures!

Eggo's profile - too cute!


Baby feet!!!

His left hand (I think it looks like he's hitchhiking)

A cool picture of his spine / head

And of course... the shots that showed us he is a he!



I think he's adorable!!!!  Bug I guess I'm kinda biased....

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Congrats! Boys are a lot of fun! I wouldn't mind having another. :-)

    Love the pics! You already sound like one proud Mommy.

    ReplyDelete