Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mango anyone?!

Well, baby Eggo keeps growing in there!

I'm 19 weeks today - so the fruit / veggie changes today!  Today babycenter.com compares Eggo to a mango!

Your Baby: Week 19

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

I don't really like mango, so I probably won't eat one this week.  On Monday, the ultrasound tech figured he weighed around 9 oz, so he's a bit bigger than this fruit suggests.

He's still got me looking pretty lopsided.  Can't wait to feel those legs and arms kicking and punching me!!!  Should be in the next couple weeks because I've got an anterior placenta.... so he's having to punch / kick through the placenta for me to feel him!

(still so crazy to say / type "him"!!!)

Also, we have some headway on the name game!  Can't share.... but we've got a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment