Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cantaloupe or Banana?

So we're at the halfway point!!!!  That's right!  Today I am 20 weeks pregnant!

Each week I've been reporting what thebump.com compares the baby to (fruit or veggie).  I'm thinking I may have actually been reporting one week behind.  Maybe some of my fellow preggo friends can help me out.  I'll post both and see what people think.

The thing is, dating pregnancies and the whole weeks / months / days thing is quite confusing.  Some people refer to the "20th week" others that you are "20 weeks" (these mean different things).  So I know I'm starting the 21st week now (since I'm already 20 weeks), so I think by thebump.com standards, I should be reporting that Eggo is the size of a banana.

Enjoy your fruits!  I know I am!






Your Baby: Week 20


Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Your Baby: Week 21


Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

 
 
 
 
 
 

The blue (top part) of the nursery is painted and done.  We did the first coat of the green (bottom) part of it tonight!  Can't wait to continue to transform Eggo's room!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have the "What to Expect" iphone app....and pretty much, whatever it tells me the baby is...that is what I go on. When you open the app, it says "21 weeks, 2 days" Baby size: Squash". So I have been going by that because it is very confusing :)

    ReplyDelete