Saturday, January 16, 2010

Symptoms.... or lack thereof

So far, I haven't had many symptoms.  My boobies hurt pretty bad, and over the last two weeks I've only had one night that I haven't woken up between 3am and 5am - sometimes unable to go back to sleep.  I know it's crazy...  but I'm kinda hoping I get other symptoms, as a lot of the time I don't even feel like I'm pregnant.  I know that's common with early pregnancy... but it doesn't help calm the nerves!

Even though I complain, I AM greatful that I haven't been sick as a dog or anything awful like that.  I know I'm lucky, and I'll keep reminding myself of that.  I think I'll feel better after I have my appointment with the nurse, and the doctor's appointment on the 8th.

Jimmy and I ARE planning on finding out the sex of the baby.  While I'd love the surprise, I'm also a planner, and would love to be totally prepared.  Also, there is a severe lack of gender neutral clothes / goodies out there... so I just think it will be much better to find out.  I figure either way we'll be surprised - it will just come 20 weeks or so earlier than the baby!

Since I'm into photography, and since I saw a really cute idea online, I'm planning on doing a picture each week to show my changing body.  Right now, it's just pudgy normal me.... but eventually the pictures will be exciting!  Jimmy's helping me take the pictures, and then I'll play with them.  Eventually (maybe around 7 or 8 months or so), I'll have to see if Taylor or Dad will do some maternity photos with Jimmy and I.  I did a shoot for someone over a year ago, and it's a great way to showcase the love that surrounds that child you haven't met yet!


So here's the first pic of the series.  I'm 5 weeks, 2 days in this picture.  I'm looking forward to a baby bump, instead of just the lumpy, need to work out, look! :-)  Plus I figure these pictures will help me get motivated after the baby is born to lose the weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment