Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

A couple weeks back, Tom and Sarah mentioned that Sarah was not enjoying her job, and was actively looking for something different.  At the time it sounded like they really wanted her to stay working, but in the back of my mind I knew that it was possible she'd decide to go back to being a stay at home mom.  Last night when they got home from work, they talked with me about the fact that it's very possible that Sarah will quit her job today (Saturday) or Tuesday.  Now her employer is yanking her around, telling her she has medical insurance (so they cancelled Tom's and moved the whole family to hers), only to tell her later that she doesn't qualify until February.

Needless to say, it's possible I'll be unemployed in the next couple weeks.  Bummer.  Jimmy and I were still discussing what we'd do / I'd do when the baby came (would I take some time off, or stay home permanently, or???), but if something like this was going to happen, I'd much rather it happen 6-8months from now.  So now I have to try to find something to do for the next 6-8 months.  So we'll see.

I'd love to find something that will bring in money and be something I could still do once the munchkin is here... but I don't know what that would be!  I love to take pictures, scrapbook, and do other crafty things.... but I don't really think I'd be able to make a career out of all of that (even more unlikely in this economy).

So we'll see.  If anyone has ideas on something I could do - let me know!  I'm open to ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment