Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Weight loss Wednesdays

Since I won't have weekly "how is baby growing" posts any more.... I figure Wednesdays can now be devoted to my weight loss goals! :-)

So.... due to the cravings I had while pregnant (before I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, all I wanted to eat were fruits and veggies), the diet I had to follow with gestational diabetes, and just a decreased appetite in general, I only gained 3lbs total during the 38 weeks and 3 days I was pregnant. 

I always said that I HATED women that didn't gain much during pregnancy / lost it all really quick..... and now I've found myself to be one of those women.  I did not expect it - but it is a welcome surprise.  I have always struggled with keeping up with weight loss goals, losing weight, etc., so to not have a ton of pregnancy weight to lose on top of my pre-preggo "fluff" is VERY nice. 

So..... I won't reveal what my weight is / was.... but will give you specifics about my goals.

My goal weight is about 45lbs lower than the highest weigh I got to while pregnant (so 42lbs less than my pre-preggo weight).  This is a big goal.... but I think it's doable eventually.  Truthfully I'd be happy if I lost 35lbs.  So my goal is 35-45lbs less than my max weight - and sustaining it!!!  I don't have a timeframe in mind.... but I want to do it in a way that gets us into better habits, so if it takes a little while, that's okay.  I'd like to be at a healthier weight before we try to get pregnant (which we have a bit of time before that will be the case!).

I plan on going for walks with Colby, eating healthier, and in January we plan on getting a membership to the YMCA so I can go to the gym (and Jimmy can too!).  They have excellent childcare for little ones - and our good friends Will and Dawn have a membership, so Dawn and I are already excited about meeting up at the gym!

I have, of course, given myself a 2 week break from diets, etc. since Colby was born.  I figured that was only fair, as I had to watch what I ate for 18+ weeks with the gestational diabetes.  So the last week and a half has been filled with gummi bears, ice cream, red vines, pizza.... yum!

But.... I have to say - I had heard breastfeeding was a great weight-loss plan... and it's true!

So.... on my first "Weight loss Wednesday" I will post my stats:

Weight lost since Colby's birth: 11lbs (so I'm now 8lbs below my pre-preggo weight)
Weight loss methods used: breastfeeding and giving birth!  Hahaha.  Otherwise, junky eating, and not many walks (I've been sore and it's been raining like crazy!)
Pounds until goal weight: 34

Here are a couple pictures.  The one on the left is a photo of me on 9/8 (4 days after Colby was born).  The second is a picture of me today (11 days after birth, 9/15/10).  I'll probably continue to do weekly photos to help me see the progress (or lack thereof).


Pretty crazy that it took me about 6 months to go from "barely showing" to "full term massively preggo".... and 11 days or so to get back to "barely showing".  Our bodies are crazy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment