Thursday, November 4, 2010

strange side effect of pregnancy....

I now really like cheese on my turkey sandwiches.  I know, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I used to HATE cheese on sandwiches.  I still don't do cheese on my burgers, but I find myself saying "yes" when they ask if I want cheese on my sandwich, and putting it on my homemade sammies or having it on the side and taking a bite of cheddar with each bite of sandwich.  Tillamook Cheddar only, of course.

I remember when I was less than 20 weeks along, I had lunch at my friend's house, and we made sandwiches.  For some reason I decided to put some cheese on my sandwich - it just sounded good.  And it was!  I figured it was a strange pregnancy "craving" that would pass.  I texted Jimmy saying "I guess I AM preggo - I just had cheese on my turkey sandwich - on purpose!"  Then when I had to start packing in the protein with less carbs, I continued to add cheese to my sandwiches. 

Most of the time these days I still forget that I like it, and I say no cheese, but I have found the last few weeks as I've made my turkey on whole wheat with some red bell peppers (and cucumbers if we have them!), I'm grabbing a couple Tillamoos and eating a bite of cheddar with each bite of sandwich.  Crazy!

This still blows Jimmy's mind because I used to be SOOOOO against cheese and meat together (other than pizza, tacos, and a little parm on pasta, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment