Thursday, November 18, 2010

Baby products I love!

My friend Dana over at Hancock Heir recently did a post about the products she loves and (almost) couldn't do without with an 11 week old baby.  I agree with her, while I've only had a kiddo for 10.5 weeks, there are some things that I use daily (many times a day really) that I (almost) couldn't do without!

So here's my list.....

Our Swing
The Bright Stars Ingenuity Cradle and Sway Swing from Target.  Colby loves his swing.  He naps in it at least once a day.  He will just relax in it too.  I don't blame him, it's cushy, molded to his rear, keeps him in constant movement (he loves to be moving), will even play soothing music for him (though he prefers rap / r&b to be on the radio instead).

The Boppy (or similar pillow)



It's great for feeding - I often use it to breastfeed Colby, and Jimmy likes to use it when he's feeding Colby a bottle.  Colby also likes to just hang out in it - we call it his recliner!  Sometimes we use it for tummy time too!

Snap-n-Go Stroller

At first, I wasn't a believer.  I thought they kinda looked stupid.  Jimmy thought they were a waste of money.  Then I found one on Craigslist for $20-$30 (they retail for $70), and figured why not try it.  Thank goodness.  Jimmy agrees that the snap-n-go was one of the best $20 or so we've ever spent.  We have our big stroller that came with the carseat (it's a jogging stroller) - it's great for outside walks / jogs, etc.  But for everyday running to the store / errands / mall trips.... the snap-n-go is a must!  it rolls great, has storage below the seat, and the carseat truly snaps in.  It's simple, lightweight, and doesn't take up much room.  We're going to use it for our upcoming trip to Utah, and I'm so excited we won't be lugging around the (very awesome but very large) jogger!

Baby Bjorn Active



Not only is this carrier great while we're out - it's also how I get dinner made on most nights.  You're probably wondering why I posted a picture of my back....  well it's to show off the difference between the original Bjorn and the active one.  The active has that nice big back support plate.  It really does make a difference!!!

SwaddleMe Blankets

LOL.  These blankets are great!  *Usually* his hands don't end up popping out of them like that, but Colby IS a wiggler!  These blankets should have the catchphrase "swaddling for dummies".  They've got velcro to help you get a nice tight swaddle without having to wrap or fold or.....  And they stay shut!  We really like them - we use them at night, and they tend to help our wiggleworm stay calm.

There are more products I love and use all the time.... but this is good for now! :-)  I'm sure I'll have a new list in a couple months! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment