Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tag... you're it!

Well... my friend Dana at Hancock Heir tagged me in a fun photo blogging game - so here goes! :-)

Here are the rules: Go to your photos -- the 8th folder -- the 8th picture -- tell the story.  I'll tag 5 blogger friends at the end - I'd love to see you play... and anyone else that wants to, feel free!!!

So.... my picture:


And the story....

This picture is from last fall - September 19th to be exact.  My family (Dad, Mom, Brother, and Sister) came up to visit Jimmy and I for the weekend - to celebrate my dad's birthday (Dad's birthday is 9/9). 

Well, my dad is a fan of The Beatles, so we decided to get him Rock Band: The Beatles for his birthday.  My family came prepared to play - with guitars, drums, and one microphone.  We rocked out ALL DAY on Saturday.  We realized partway through that one microphone just wouldn't do.... and wanted another wireless mic.  So.... my mom was sent out on the mission to find one (after we had checked the Target in town, I called, and the only place that had one in stock nearby was a Target about 15ish miles away).  She drove up to get it, and a 6lb bag of gummi bears (and maybe one or two other things).  The gummi bears were requested - but the quantity was a bit of a shock when she got back!

We rocked out all night.... made probably 5 batches of different kinds of salsa (my family had TONS of tomatoes and peppers from their garden), at gummi bears, and just had too much fun as a family.  The picture above is my sister and I ROCKING out (obviously!).  The pictures we have from that night are just hilarious - all of them.  At one point our whole family was a band.  :-)

The next day, the gummi bears also became ammo for a gummi bear war thoughout our house - yep, they were being thrown about.  This turned into a game where my family decided they'd hide gummi bears around our house before they left - I mean everywhere.  In our stemware, on bedposts, above doors... everywhere.  I'm including a couple more pictures, and even though I took the story farther than just the picture above, I couldn't tell the story of that picture without a better understanding of the whole weekend.  My family said it was one of the most fun weekends they had ever had! :-)

Peppers - ready for a salsa fresca.

A gummi bear pyramid my sister made.


Gummi bears in our stemware!

Okay... I'd love to see the following blogger friends play the game:

Jen at Vivid City
Alicia at Cappola Twins
Andreea at AR Photography

Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment