Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Employment changes....

Well.... my last day of work will now be July 9th.  Yes.... that is only 6 work days from now (for me).  Yikes!  This isn't due to anything going on with me, medically or otherwise so don't freak out! :-)

The mom of the family I nanny for has been unhappy with her job since not too long after she started it.  She was looking for another job, and trying to hold out until August 20th (which was my original last day)... but she just can't / won't do it any longer.  I completly understand!  I have worked at least one job where I have had to make that decision.  It is no fun, but sometimes it's necessary.

The silver lining?!  Why am I not freaking out?!  Well.... while it would be nice to continue to have full income until August (like we planned on)..... we will be fine.  AND.... I will qualify for unemployment because I'm technically being laid off.  If I had just quit in August like I planned, I wouldn't qualify for unemployment.  So we'll have some income!

Plus, I have no clue what the next month or two will bring for me.... With the GD, there are a good amount of unknowns, and the ability to just go to the doctor's office when they need me to, etc., will be wonderful.  Plus, I'm starting to get slightly uncomfortable, and unable to move around quite like I did before.  Not a huge change, but I'm just more tired more often.  Taking care of 3 kids while preggo is / would be hard work!

So..... as of July 10th I will be unemployed.  I plan on crafting (a ton!), cleaning (when I have the energy), making Jimmy dinner EVERY night (so excited!), and keeping up with the busy schedule we have ahead of us!  I also think this will be a great opportunity for me to focus on the crafting and photography I've really been wanting to get into more, to see if it's something I could do on the side to make some money when I'm a stay at home mom.

I'm not going to be stupid and think it will be easy... money will be tight.... but we'll make it, and I think it will be a nice change for me!

So if you have any crafting / photographing needs come July 10th or after - I'm your girl! :-)

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment