Wednesday, June 30, 2010

29 weeks!!!

Well.... I meant to blog about the baby shower we had this past weekend..... but I'm a slacker!  I'll get to it later this week hopefully, but we had A TON of fun!

Today marks 29 weeks!!!  That means only 11 left 'til we get to meet this little guy (maybe less!?).

Here's a picture of me today.  They say you get tired in the third trimester and I'd have to agree.  I'm tired.  And my body is tired.  But when we go to bed?  I'm wide awake!  Ugh!


Here's what babycenter.com says about Colby at 29 weeks:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
It's totally true that he's growing.  I can see changes in my belly almost on a daily basis.  And the last two or three days I've been hungry just about 24x7.  This is slightly difficult while dealing with the restrictions of my Gestational Diabetes diet!  And I've had heartburn most of that time too.... it's a brilliant combination!


Oh... and there have been some changes with regards to my job.... but I'll put that in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment