Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Finally..... last update for today (I think)

All this talk about Colby coming early, etc., made me realize I never formally mentioned on here my plans for the future.

I have talked to the family I nanny for, and have told them my last day of work will be August 20th.  This is kinda crazy 'cause I realized today at the doc's office that's only 9.5 weeks away!  Eek! :-)

Jimmy and I decided on that date because it gives me 3.5 weeks before my due date to relax (haha), craft, clean, and get ready.  That way if he comes early (which I guess is highly likely), I'll still have a little time off.

It's possible I would end work a week earlier...... we'll see how I'm feeling / how things are looking / etc.  I have to take the 13th off work for a Baby Shower in Portland, and have a doc appointment on the 12th, so it just starts getting annoying to deal with my schedule!

After baby gets here, our plan is for me to stay home, at least for a while.  We hope we can do it financially.  We know we can do it for the short-term.... and are hoping it will be something we can do until we / I decide I want to go back to work, or....?

I'm kinda hoping that I can start drumming up some photography business (even if it's just a little), and maybe sell some crafty stuff on etsy.com to help supplement our income.  We'll see!

So exciting to think that only 9.5 weeks from now we'll be so close to meeting our little guy that I'll be done working and just prepping for his arrival!!!!!  Eek!  So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment