Monday, March 8, 2010

Doctor's appointment today

I had another appointment today. Went well! Down a couple pounds from when I started all of this - but the doctor wasn't concerned at all. BP was good. I've been so sick the last week with this head cold, but I think today I'm finally on the upswing! Doc said it's going around....
He warned me before he got the doppler out that they often are hiding low and hard to find still at this stage, so not to be scared if he didn't find it right away. Haha. I smirked - I've been able to find the heartbeat since 9 weeks, 5 days, exactly three weeks ago, and lately it takes me maybe 5 seconds! Sure enough, he found it almost instantly. While I hear it at home almost every night, it was so cool to hear it there in the Doc's office - plus theirs is a clearer sound!

AND we scheduled all my appointments until the end of July - including my big ultrasound! As long as baby Eggo is cooperating we will be finding out the sex on Monday, April 19th at 9:20am (Pacific Time)! I'll be 18 weeks, 5 days at that point!

A slight bummer..... since I have PCOS which gives you a higher risk for developing diabetes, and gestational diabetes, he is going to have me do the glucose test at 18 weeks or so. If all goes well at that point, I'll still do it AGAIN around 22 weeks. Bummer! BUT - I'll do anything to make sure my baby is healthy! We're optimistic I'll pass because I'm on medicine that helps my body process insulin.... we'll see!

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment