Wednesday, March 31, 2010

16 weeks!

I've hit 16 weeks today!  Can't believe how quickly it's going.... yet at the same time it feels like forever 'til we'll get to meet little "Eggo"!

This week, Eggo is the size of a (large) avacado:

This is fitting, 'cause we're having guacamole with dinner tonight!
"Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender."
Speaking of ultrasound..... ours is April 19th!  19 days away!  (two weeks from this coming Monday!)

We can't wait!  We've been throwing around some names, but figured we'd wait to get serious until we have a better guess at boy or girl.  BUT.... we won't be sharing those names!!!  We have decided to keep it a secret 'til the baby comes - so we'll keep referring to the baby as "Eggo"!

I failed at getting a picture up lately.  Maybe I'll see when the most recent picture was taken and throw it on the blog.  Or... we'll take one this weekend!  We're headed to Portland for the weekend, which we're excited about.  We'll get to see family (hopefully both mine and his), and participate in the annual Easter Brunch (always a good time!).  My family hasn't seen me since I was about 10 weeks preggo - so I think they'll notice a slight change!

Also.... we should be picking up our crib and dresser this weekend!  Jimmy joked that he'll get home from work on Monday and they'll both be put together.  I don't think that will be the case.  The nursery is currently my craft room and  A) I still have a bunch of crafts to do for all the friends I have that are expecting babies soon and B) I need to clean out the room (move the craft stuff to who knows where) before we can move any baby stuff in.

So.... maybe he'll get home to a cleaned out nursery?!  Haha.  Who am I joking.

3 comments:

  1. Wait. You said "This is fitting, 'cause we're having guacamole with dinner tonight!".. So you're saying you're going to eat your baby?!?! Nooooooooooo, don't do it! Hehe jk. Crazy that you'll find out the sex soon, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. The 6 and 9 year olds that I nanny for told me a while back each week I should eat whatever the baby is that week. Slightly disturbing.... but kinda fun too. Though I think I'll have to skip a couple weeks. I don't like sweet potatoes (they make me gag) or papayas, or eggplant....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe yes, slightly. But maybe you can find equivalent sized things... like squash instead of eggplant. but how can you not like eggplant?! mmmmm eggplant... and squash. it is almost lunch time here can you tell? even that pic of the unripe avacado you have looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete