Thursday, March 4, 2010

Craigslist!!!!

So... I have to share 'cause I got some awesome deals!



I found a girl that wanted to sell a glider with the footstool for $50. She said it needs to be cleaned, but non-smoking, no-pet house. Then she decided she'd just take $30 if I'd come get it - she was moving and just trying to get rid of stuff. She lives out in the middle of nowhere.... so it was a bit of a drive - but a glider for $30!?

I grabbed the glider, and she offered a cosleeper she had too. She wanted $15-20 for it. Had been used for one kid, for only a couple months. I didn't have any more cash with me! So I drove into town (probably 20 minutes or so), grabbed cash, and drove back out. I got the co-sleeper for $20, and she had found a couple baby books and a food grinder for baby that she thought I just had to have - so she gave those to me!

Seriously!? A glider AND a co-sleeper for $50!? I know it's early to buy this kind of stuff...... but I really can't pass up a bargain like this!

We will probably re-cover the glider (my mom has already offered), but we could also just clean it and it would be fine.

I'm just so stoked!

I will post pictures sometime in the next couple days.  I know it's early to get things like this.... but that was a deal I just couldn't pass up.  AND the girl that sold the stuff to me was super nice - she suggested future play dates, etc., and I really could see that being a possibility!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, it's always fun finding good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So uh I might be skewin your baby gender poll. I know I voted twice, possibly three times. The first time I got an error (so I don't know if that counted), and then I actually voted, and then I was curious if you could vote more than once so I voted again. Hehe sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Not a problem about the poll. Maybe others will join you in playing the game, and then it won't be so skewed!

    And YES! I love a good deal!

    ReplyDelete