Friday, February 19, 2010

You know you're pregnant when......

Well, my wonderful husband made me dinner last night (like most nights).  He made pork chops, with applesauce (or gravy, take your pick!) and baked potatoes.  Unfortunately, my tastebuds did not approve of the pork chop (it was too "chewy").  I ate my baked potato and was still hungry.

After a slight emotional breakdown (I hate acting so ungreatful for the wonderful meals he makes.... and for liking something one day and despising it the next)..... we were trying to figure out what I would like for my second dinner.  Somehow the idea of "ants on a log" came to mind.  We had some celery around (not a normal thing), and peanut butter.  I had a box of rasins, and I was set! 

Jimmy proceeded to make me my second dinner..... I was really scared it wasn't going to be as delicious as I was imagining..... but then I took a bite, and smiled.  Of course, I had to call my parents so that someone else could laugh at my expense. 

I have to say, I'll keep this dinner / snack in mind for the future.... as it hit the spot!

Here's a picture.... just in case you forgot what ants on a log is.  Shame on you.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness... I had this last Friday, too! I can't remember what was made for dinner, but it sounded nasty and I wasn't that hungry. But they had put out celery, so I found the peanut butter and put it on the celery. We didn't have any rasin's though, so it was ant-less logs. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete