Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I can't believe we're here....

I just hit me today as I was sitting on the couch, watching an episode of The Biggest Loser (and tearing up like crazy - stupid hormones) while Seth was napping.

I can't believe we're here, Jimmy and I, expecting our first baby in September. 

If you had told me six months ago, or three months ago, that we would be celebrating hitting 10 weeks and expecting a wonderful baby in September of 2010 (not 2011 or 2012), I would not have believed you.  While we didn't have to go through as long of a process as some people have / do, and were lucky enough to find something that works, the process was much longer than we expected.  I was excited to go on Metformin, but really didn't have any expectations that it would help.  I was beat down, and doubting my ability to be the mommy I've always wanted to be.

I just keep having to remind myself that I'm living the dream we created, the dream we longed for, the dream that is now a reality.  It's so cool.  I'm so lucky to have a wonderfully supportive partner, best friend, and husband in Jimmy.  I know this process wasn't easy on him either, and I know I couldn't have gone through it with anyone else.

I can't even begin to imagine what the future will bring, because the present is more than I could have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment