Sunday, February 7, 2010

Eeeeew that smell

I've always been a smell-sensitive person, but I am not getting any relief from this "condition" while pregnant.  I think it's even worse now.

I think back to the weekend before we found out we were expecting.  We were visiting family in Beaverton, and of course, playing cards.  I literally had to have candles burning under my nose while we played cards because the smell of Kelsey's dog was killing me.  Everyone thought I was overreacting, and I thought it was strange I was THAT sensitive to the smell.  I guess now we can blame it on Eggo - and maybe Kelsey is less offended by my objection to her dog!? :-)

Just yesterday I was sitting on the couch (haha, no way!), and I told Jimmy our couch smells disgusting.  While I think it probably does need a scrubbing / febreezing.... I also know I'm a bit more sensitive these days.  Unfortunately once I smell something that's slightly offensive, it's basically impossible not to smell it without removing myself from the situation.  Woo-hoo.

Other recent developments.... chicken is not my friend, along with turkey, and sometimes pork.  Basically it has to be "overcooked" and dry or I think it's disgusting.  Beef (mainly ground beef), though, is okay.

The last day or two I've been a little off.  I'm hoping it's not the start of some morning sickness, but we'll see!  Most food hasn't sounded good, and anything I do eat just feels like it sits at the top of my stomach.

Oh well - we get to see Eggo tomorrow and that will make it all worth it!

I hope everyone enjoys the Super Bowl - go COLTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment