Monday, February 8, 2010

Introducing baby Eggo!

So.... our first real doctor's appointment and ultrasound went great.  The doctor was running 30 minutes behind (which stunk 'cause we were 30 minutes early - can you tell we were excited!?), but oh well.

Eggo is measuring 8 weeks, 5 days.  This makes complete sense because of my issues with PCOS and longer cycles.  This means my new due date is September 15th.  Doctor B said my due date will stay the 15th for the rest of the pregnancy.

After the oh-so-wonderful exam and pap, we got to do an ultrasound!  As he was moving around finding the little bean, I think Jimmy and I both saw Eggo and the heartbeat at the same time.  Jimmy grabbed my hand and pointed at the screen.  It was AWESOME! 

It makes it feel so much more real now that we've seen that awesome flicker on the screen.  Dr. B says my rist of miscarriage at this point (including the increased risk due to PCOS) is at 2%, which I think is a wonderful number.  He said everything looks great - and was happy to hear I'm having such an easy pregnancy so far.

My next appointments will be boring (10 minute appointments to check blood pressure, weight, and pee in a cup)... but they're scheduled!

Sounds like we'll schedule the ultrasound to find out girl or boy mid to end of April, around 18 weeks or so.

We are so thrilled - and planning on heading to Beaverton this weekend to share the news with all the Great-Grandmas, and some friends.  Yay!  We finally don't have to keep our mouths shut!

And of course.... the picture!  Didn't turn out great, but it was AWESOME in person, and it still looks like a healthy little peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment