Thursday, December 16, 2010

my bff

Text conversation from this afternoon:

Me: "I am pretty sure the swing is my very best friend.... ever.  That's right, I said it - we're bff's"
Jimmy: "You might be bff's but your also sdd (super dorky dork)"
Me:  "Well you married me... and really, who's the dork - I used a well known and popular abbreviation.... you made one up."

Oh, and yes, he still doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're".  There, their, and they're are also an issue.

It's true though.  Thanks to our swing, I am not a stinky, starving, cranky mama (most days).  Thanks to our swing I can, on occasion, blog with both hands (reducing my writing time immensely).  Thanks to our swing, our house isn't the messiest house ever.... it's just a really messy house.

It makes me sad to think about the day that the swing does not hold the magical powers it has since Colby was probably only a couple weeks old... or the day that he gets bored with it.... or the day he doesn't fit in it.  So I don't think about those days.  Those days are *way* off in the future, right?!

So thank you, swing, for all that you do for me.  I use you all the time, and you don't put up a fuss at all.  You provide a safe place for my baby boy to relax, nap, or just hang out chatting away while I do things that are very difficult if not impossible with a baby in tow.

This blog post, and the shower that preceeded it, are brought to you by my bff.

2 comments:

  1. He looks so comfy makes me wish they made it in adult sizes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our swing too! It really is the only reason I get anything done when Michael isn't home.
    Oh, and that conversation sounds just like one we would have too!

    ReplyDelete