Thursday, December 9, 2010

a movin' and a shakin'

Don't worry - I don't have a crawler, yet..... but Colby has definitely started some moving, etc., that will lead to crawling!  I swear it's like a lightswitch just flipped right before Thanksgiving - and suddenly he was okay with tummy time (at least more okay then he was before), and interested in arching his back / rolling / playing independently.  It's awesome to see him grow and change!

He rolled over for the first time the day after Thanksgiving.  Of course Jimmy and I were both out of the room - but Grandma and Grandpa Wells witnessed it!!!  I heard the shrieks from the next room over!  That time he went from back to front.  Of course, we tried to get him to repeat the feat.... but with no luck!

Well, exactly a week later, on December 3rd, while we were having a breakfast playdate with Dawn, Niko, and Kai, I put Colby on his belly to do some more tummy time (he had done a bunch already, and hadn't gotten sick of it, so I figured why not!?  He instantly rolled over!  It looked pretty deliberate!  So I flipped him back over, to see if he'd do it again!?  Yup!  Rolled from tummy to back - again!  Of course, I grabbed my cell phone to take a video - but would there be a third roll?  no.

Since then, Jimmy and I have been trying to get him to roll over again - Jimmy's dying to witness it.  But no luck.  He's close - and I know he could do it if he wanted.... so we'll wait! I bet you can imagine the number of videos I now have on my cell phone of him doing tummy time!!!  Just trying to catch the next roll....

But he's also moving around A TON on his back.  I lay him under his baby gym (a blanket with toys above it), and he will scoot around it - exploring the whole thing - and often the floor / rug outside of its bounds.  He often kicks off at least one sock - I think the bare feet help with traction!!!  I KNOW we're in trouble when he starts crawling because he is CONSTANTLY in motion!!!

Here are a couple pictures to prove my point (not sure why they're uploading sideways.... but I can't get them to go the right way):

When I put Colby down, his feet were pointed towards our couch (so towards the top of this picture).  Less than 10 minutes later - this is how he was situated.

The following picture was taken about 3 minutes later.  I moved him from this spot because the heater vent isn't very comfy to cuddle with.

Oh - and he's "talking" like crazy.  He'll go on and on for 20 minutes straight!!!  Lots of "agoos" and "aboos".  Those are his favorite words! :-)  I guess he IS my son - he can talk forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment