Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Unemployment

Well.... today is day #3 of unemployement (really more like day #2 'cause I always had Mondays off)..... and I have to say - I'm a fan!!!  While I always had Mondays off, this past Monday felt so much different.  It was like I could do whatever - I didn't have to cram all my "day off" stuff into one day... because if I didn't get it done Monday - I could do it Tuesday, or Wednesday, or.....

Here's how I've spent my first few days of unemployment...

Monday:
  • Slept in
  • Applied for unemployment
  • Put away all our baby gifts from our shower on Sunday
  • Cleaned out our fridge (didn't actually clean the shelves, etc. - that's for another day, but got rid of all the old stuff in it - there was still food from our baby shower 2 weeks prior!)
  • Cleaning out fridge inspired me to clean out our freezers - both of them (we have a freezer as part of the fridge, but also a small chest freezer in the garage)
  • Made an inventory list of everything in both freezers (yes.... I'm a dork.... but it is so helpful in meal planning!!!)
  • Planned meals for the week
  • Went to my growth scan ultrasound (I'll blog about that separately)
  • Cleaned up our kitchen (kinda)
  • Did the week's grocery shopping
  • Made dinner for Jimmy (it was ready right when he got home, and I made Tacos - something he's fanatical about but I've just been so-so about..... the smile on his face when he walked into the house and could tell it was tacos for dinner was priceless!)
  • Went to our childbirth class
Tuesday:
  • Slept in 'til 7am
  • Babysat / played with Seth for a couple hours
  • Ran errands - did a couple returns, grabbed some crafting supplies for Colby's scrapbook (which will be started soon) - Michaels had their paper for 5 for $1 - score!, found a couple options for shirts for our maternity photos in 2.5 weeks, got some sample-sized yummy smelling soaps / lotions for our hospital bag)
  • A quick Costco run (for the necessities for this week - their coupons start Thursday and I have a list for that too!)
  • Watched The Bachelorette (from Monday - this was my break for the day due to MAJOR Braxton Hicks all day)
  • Did dishes from Monday night (since we get home kinda late from childbirth class!)
  • Made dinner for Jimmy - Mandarin Orange Chicken - on of my favorites and Jimmy likes it too!
  • Sat on the couch with my hubby (and on my exercise ball which is HEAVEN - any preggo ladies out there need to get one - NOW! while Jimmy massaged my back with my new massage tool - purchased at Bath and Body Works earlier in the day - it will be AWESOME for the hospital too!)
Wednesday thus far (and plans for the day):
  • Slept in ('til 8:30am - my alarm goes off at 7, but I hit it and then turned it off and then slept an extra hour... hahaha)
  • Ate breakfast
  • Plan to clean the house up a bit
  • Plan to put together the baby swing we got as a gift this weekend!
  • Plan to make thank-you notes for the baby shower this weekend - and maybe get a head start on the ones for the shower in a couple weeks 'cause it's going to be HUGE!
  • Get the propane tank refilled
  • Make dinner for Jimmy - I think I'm doing shrimp skewers on the BBQ tonight.... we'll see!
Yes.... I love it.  I know some days I will be bored..... but I figure I have enough scrapbooking / old photos to get in albums to keep me busy for a LONG time.... and still have a few baby blankets to make.  I'm also looking into selling stuff on Etsy, so we'll see about that!

My last official paycheck is this Friday.  Hopefully my unemployment will go through soon and I can start getting checks from that, which will include an attempt on my part to find a job for a while..... but I really don't think I look / sound very employable right now - employers can be picky 'cause there are still a bunch of people looking for jobs - and a 7.5 month preggo lady with lots of doctors appointments sounds oh-so-appealing!

No comments:

Post a Comment