Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My husband...

I just felt the need to post that my husband really is an amazing man.  The excitement that he exudes about meeting our baby boy is just so heartwarming.  He truly is excited, ready (or as ready as he can be), impatient, and so in love already with the baby growing inside of me.  Almost every night as we go to bed, he puts his hand on my belly, leans down, kisses it, and talks to our son.  He tells him how excited he is to meet him, and how he just wishes it was September - NOW!  He also tells him to treat his mommy well (which I appreciate).

Jimmy also takes such great care of me.  He supports me in the things I love to do.  He truly is my #1 fan and cheerleader.  He believes in me even when I have my doubts.  He rubs my feet, my back, my anything - any time I ask him to (I try to resist...... but my changing physique necessitates these massages!).  He is so interested in learning about what is to come - he's been amazing through our childbirth classes, and has really been open to discussing our "plans" and my goals, etc., and I know he's willing to help me achieve them - help us.

I love my husband.  He truly is my best friend, and I am reminded of that every day.  I love that I now get to make him dinner every night (I know.... sooooo Susy Homemaker of me!) - even if it's just a simple stir fry.  I love that he smiles when he walks in the door and gives amazing hugs.  I love that he enjoys (truly) spending time with my family - and that his is so important to him.  I know I picked him..... but I'm so glad he picked me, and that we get to live with that wonderful decision for the rest of our lives!

I love you honey!

Oh.... and in case there was any question about his ability to be excited about a baby / whether he'll "look" the part when he's a dad..... here are a few pictures of him with Niko - our closest friends' baby - Niko is a week old in these pictures.


2 comments: