Friday, July 9, 2010

30 week doctor's appointment

Well.... I had my 30 week Doctor's appointment on Wednesday (yes, it's been a busy week!).  All went well.  I'm now up to appointments every 2 weeks!  Crazy!

My blood pressure was 112/70 (great!).  I had lost 2lbs since my last appointment (about 3 weeks earlier).  Ridiculous.  This means I am exactly the same weight I was at my very first prenatal appointment on 1/25/10.  I had lost a pound or two at the beginning due to lack of appetite, gained a couple, but now I'm dead even.  I'm not really complaining, since I've always struggled to maintain a healthy weight and I'd love to have not very much baby weight to lose (because I've got a lot of Kim weight to lose when Colby gets here).... but it's just crazy.  I expected to be struggling with weight gain while pregnant.... but no.  I'm sure some of it has to do with the diet I'm on for Gestational Diabetes (yah, I guess carbs really do help you pack on the pounds).... but I think it also has to do with the fact I'd much rather sit down and eat fruits and veggies than a pound of potato chips.

Speaking of Gestational Diabetes..... Dr. B was very happy with my recent numbers.  I had one fasting level that was out of range - but I truly don't know why!  I woke up that night and had a snack (a granola bar) in the middle of the night.... but I've done that before and not had a problem.  I also had one after-meal level that was out of range.... but overall he said >95% were within range, and he was very happy with that!

They scheduled me for my first growth scan ultrasound.  It's this coming Monday (the 12th).  They will check to see how big Colby is, how he's developing, etc.  I can't wait to see him and how much he's grown!  I'm hoping I get at least a few pictures out of the whole thing!  Jimmy's not going to be able to come with me because it's in the middle of the day.  I will have at least one more ultrasound - at 36 weeks - to check on his size, and Jimmy's planning on coming to that one. 

My next doctor's appointment is Monday July 19th.  I'll be almost 32 weeks!  At that point the doc will order Non-Stress Tests to be done at least once a week.  This is where I go in and get hooked up to monitors to see how Colby is doing, monitor his heartrate, etc.  They'll also check the fluid levels around him... make sure all is peachy keen.  Dr. B said it was pretty decent timing that I will be off work as of Monday because of all the appointments - it would've been a headache to schedule them so I wasn't constantly inconveniencing the family!!!

I think that's about it!  I figure I'll ask him more about his comment that I won't go as far as my due date at my next appointment - after he has the results of the ultrasound, etc.

I can't believe how close we are getting to meeting our little guy!  We have another baby shower this weekend to celebrate his impending arrival - so wonderful to be surrounded by those who love us and our unborn son!

2 comments:

  1. I think me and you are having very similar pregnancies! I got an ultrasound of Ayadn at my Dr's appointment this week too...he looked so cute and we could see him oving a lot. Sounds like my Dr will be giving me an ultrasound at every appointment from now on to monitor growth.

    Glas to hear that everything is going so good for you! We're so close!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding! :-)

    I don't think I get an ultrasound at every appointment... :-( Just the one on Monday and then one at 36 weeks unless they think something funky is going on. But the NST's will be weekly and I'll be seeing the doc every two weeks (then down to every week!).

    Crazy!

    ReplyDelete