Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"32 week" doc appointment

Well.... I had my 32 week doctor's appointment on Monday.  I'll technically be 32 weeks tomorrow (Wednesday), but when I made my appointments I was working and I had Mondays off.  Now..... I can do appointments any day of the week! :-)

The appointment went well.  Technically I was down 0.2lbs from 2.5 weeks ago (putting my weight change at ZERO pounds for the whole pregnancy..... ridiculous).  Again, the doc and nurse didn't mention anything about this... so I guess we're A-OK.  My blood pressure was 122/72 - within my normal range.

Doc looked over my sugars - and I was so proud of the fact I did not have one number out of range since my last appointment!!!!  We discussed the fact that Colby is measuring big.  Basically it's hard to know if he's measuring big because of the GD or if Jimmy and I were just destined to make a big baby.  The fact that my blood sugars have consistently stayed where they should would lend itself to the idea that maybe we just make big babies..... but you never know, and it's still possible the insulin resistance is effecting him.  Regardless, doc was happy with Colby's proportions, and we'll just keep on keepin' on. 

He did say that I should expect to meet Colby at least a week before my due date.  He was slightly vague (as he's been before) so I point blank asked him "so you mean like a scheduled induction? or?"  He confirmed that I will be scheduled for an induction by 39 weeks, if not before, (depending on how he's measuring down the line) and if Colby doesn't decide to come earlier.  So.... sounds like the latest we'll be meeting our not-so-little guy will be around September 8th!  My dad is still cheering for September 9th (his birthday).... we'll see.

It's crazy to me to knock a week off the countdown in one day.  Even more so right now.  I'm almost 32 weeks, which techincally is 8 weeks away from my due date.  But with the new info, our countdown shifts to 7 weeks left!  For some reason 7 weeks just sounds like a MUCH shorter time than 8 weeks.  8 weeks is approximately two months.  7 weeks is less than that!!!  Eek!  But we are so excited and SO ready to meet this guy!

Dr. B is slightly surprised that Colby is so big, because he says he doesn't "feel" that big (when he pushes around on my belly - always wonderful because at any moment I feel like I could just pee everywhere!).  But.... this is probably because I have a ton of fluid in there (according to my fluid ultrasound last Thursday) that's padding his big noggin!

I'll leave you for now with the following picture.  This was taken last night - 31 weeks, 5 days.  Where did that belly come from?! :-)

1 comment:

  1. "...always wonderful because at any moment I feel like I could just pee everywhere!" hehehehe. glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete