Monday, October 18, 2010

Cloth diapers

We decided to use cloth diapers on Colby.  From about 3 weeks on, he's been mainly in our cloth diapers, with occasional disposable when we're out for a LONG period of time, etc.

So far.... we're loving them!  We have found gDiapers and GroBaby / GroVia diapers to be the best fit on Colby.  While they add a little bit of bulk, it's not bad at all, and we're loving not having to buy packs of diapers each week!

Both of the diapers we've found to fit Colby have disposable inserts available as well.  This will be great for trips, etc., when we don't want to have to bring all the cloth inserts and do big loads of diaper laundry.  I currently wash diapers about every two days - but we've bought a couple extras lately in hopes that we can stretch that out to every 3 days.  I'm also working on making some diaper covers and cloth inserts at home!!!  This would be a VERY cheap alternative to the slightly spendy cloth diapers we've bought so far.  I LOVE the website diaperswappers.com - it's a great place to get gently used cloth diapers!!!

So far we've had a couple diapers leak - but just pee, and not that much.  NO blowouts (the only blowout he's had so far was in a disposable diaper and still wasn't that bad).  And NO diaper rash (you're supposed to have way less diaper rash with cloth than with disposable).

If you have any questions about cloth diapering or our experience so far, just let me know!!!!

Here are a couple pictures of Colby modeling his gDiapers.  I don't have any good pictures of him in the GroBaby diapers yet - I'll try to get some soon! 

Colby obviously thinks he's pretty cute.....

2 comments:

  1. he is cute!
    i admire anyone that uses cloth diapers....i just couldn't do it....disposals are more my style. i know..iknow...bad....but so much easier for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana!

    I don't have any problem with disposables - and I know they work best for many people.... but we were hoping to save a good amount of money (which we are!), and maybe help out the environment a little (but mainly doing it for the $ savings!). With me staying home, I have time to wash them, etc., so it just makes sense for us. Not bad to use disposables at all!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete